Are you already an Ohio Wildlife Center Volunteer? Log in to your volunteer portal to track your hours of service and sign up for volunteer opportunities!
Ohio Wildlife Center is a volunteer-driven organization. We could not pursue our nonprofit mission without the hard work of over 200 dedicated volunteers!
Adults (18 and older) can volunteer in any of our core areas. Choose an area and fill out an online Volunteer Application. Our volunteer office will contact you with orientation information. There is a $55 fee that covers the cost of all required training, supplies and background check. Thank you for your interest and your support of Ohio Wildlife Center! For additional questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you 15-17 years old and interested in volunteering with Ohio Wildlife Center? Check out our Teen Volunteer program!
- Wildlife Information Line
- Wildlife Hospital Admissions (non-animal care position)
Minimum Requirements for all Adult Volunteers:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must successfully complete all necessary training
- Must be able to balance multiple assignments successfully
- Able to maintain courteous and helpful behavior
- Able to perform volunteer duties in a team and/or individually with minimal supervision
- Able to perform volunteer duties in varied weather conditions
- Maintains friendly, positive attitude towards guests
- Able to maintain appropriate volunteer appearance
- Able to perform volunteer duties on a flexible schedule if needed, including weekends, evenings and/or holidays
- Able to adhere to all safety protocol
- Able to maintain confidentiality regarding Ohio Wildlife Center’s animal collection
- Subject to Drug-free Workplace Policy
- Subject to criminal background check
Adult Training Dates:
All interested volunteers must apply online using the link above, submit all required documents and RSVP to email@example.com prior to attending any training courses listed below.
Ohio Wildlife Center
For volunteers interested in animal care and/or wildlife education:
Ohio Wildlife Center’s Hospital
For volunteers interested in emergency animal care at Ohio Wildlife Center’s Hospital:
Adults (18 and older) can volunteer in Ohio Wildlife Center’s Hospital. Please fill out an online Volunteer Application using the link below. Our volunteer coordinator will contact you with orientation information. There is a $55 fee that covers the cost of all required training, supplies and background check. Thank you for your interest and your support of Ohio Wildlife Center! For additional questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ohio Wildlife Center’s Pre-release Facility (PRF) /Wildlife Hospital Animal Admissions
For volunteers interested in hands-off animal care at the PRF or the hospital admissions desk
Training will be scheduled on an individual basis