All ADULTS interested in volunteering are required to fill out a Volunteer Application.
After submitting your online application, our volunteer office will contact you for an interview. If you are selected to join our team, there is a $55 fee which covers the cost of your orientation, training supplies and required background check.
If you are interested in getting involved with OWC in time for the 2013 spring busy season, please submit your electronic application BY FRIDAY, MARCH 15! Due to the volume of animals brought to OWC during the spring and summer months, we do not have the resources to accept and provide training for new volunteers until the fall. Any applications received after March 15, 2013 will be held until August 2013.
Minimum Requirements for all Adult volunteers
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must successfully complete all necessary training
- Must be able to balance multiple assignments successfully
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to maintain courteous and helpful behavior
- Able to perform volunteer duties in a team and/or individually with minimal supervision
- Able to perform volunteer duties in varied weather conditions
- Maintains friendly, positive attitude towards guests
- Able to maintain appropriate volunteer appearance
- Able to perform volunteer duties on a flexible schedule if needed, including weekends, evenings and/or holidays
- Able to adhere to all safety protocol
- Able to maintain confidentiality regarding Ohio Wildlife Center’s animal collection
- Subject to Drug-free Workplace Policy
- Subject to criminal background check
Thank you for your interest and your support of Ohio Wildlife Center!