All ADULTS interested in volunteering are required to fill out a Volunteer Application.
Saturday, September 13th, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
After submitting your online application, our volunteer office will contact you with orientation information. There is a $55 fee which covers the cost of all required training, training supplies and background check.
Minimum Requirements for all Adult volunteers:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must successfully complete all necessary training
- Must be able to balance multiple assignments successfully
- Able to maintain courteous and helpful behavior
- Able to perform volunteer duties in a team and/or individually with minimal supervision
- Able to perform volunteer duties in varied weather conditions
- Maintains friendly, positive attitude towards guests
- Able to maintain appropriate volunteer appearance
- Able to perform volunteer duties on a flexible schedule if needed, including weekends, evenings and/or holidays
- Able to adhere to all safety protocol
- Able to maintain confidentiality regarding Ohio Wildlife Center’s animal collection
- Subject to Drug-free Workplace Policy
- Subject to criminal background check
2014 Training Dates:
All interested volunteers must submit all required documents and RSVP prior to attending any training courses.
Nature Education Center
for volunteers interested in animal care and/or wildlife education at the nature center
Saturday, November 22nd, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wednesday, December 3rd, 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Thank you for your interest and your support of Ohio Wildlife Center!
for volunteers interested in emergency animal care at the wildlife hospital
Pre-release Facility (PRF)
for volunteers interested in hands-off animal care at the PRF