All ADULTS interested in volunteering are required to fill out a Volunteer Application.
Saturday, November 22nd, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Wednesday, December 3rd, 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
After submitting your online application, our volunteer office will contact you with orientation information. There is a $55 fee which covers the cost of all required training, training supplies and background check.
Minimum Requirements for all Adult volunteers:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must successfully complete all necessary training
- Must be able to balance multiple assignments successfully
- Able to maintain courteous and helpful behavior
- Able to perform volunteer duties in a team and/or individually with minimal supervision
- Able to perform volunteer duties in varied weather conditions
- Maintains friendly, positive attitude towards guests
- Able to maintain appropriate volunteer appearance
- Able to perform volunteer duties on a flexible schedule if needed, including weekends, evenings and/or holidays
- Able to adhere to all safety protocol
- Able to maintain confidentiality regarding Ohio Wildlife Center’s animal collection
- Subject to Drug-free Workplace Policy
- Subject to criminal background check
2014 Training Dates:
All interested volunteers must submit all required documents and RSVP prior to attending any training courses.
Nature Education Center
for volunteers interested in animal care and/or wildlife education at the nature center
Thank you for your interest and your support of Ohio Wildlife Center!
for volunteers interested in emergency animal care at the wildlife hospital
Saturday, January 17th and 24th, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Saturday, February 28th and March 7th, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Hospital 101 (must attend both days);
Saturday, April 8th and 25th, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Pre-release Facility (PRF) / Hospital Animal Admissions
for volunteers interested in hands-off animal care at the PRF or the hospital admissions desk
- Please contact Amanda Robinson at email@example.com to schedule your first training session