All ADULTS interested in volunteering are required to fill out a Volunteer Application.
After submitting your online application, our volunteer office will contact you with dates for our upcoming training. If you are selected to join our team, there is a $55 fee which covers the cost of your orientation, training supplies, all required training and required background check.
Minimum Requirements for all Adult volunteers:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must successfully complete all necessary training
- Must be able to balance multiple assignments successfully
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to maintain courteous and helpful behavior
- Able to perform volunteer duties in a team and/or individually with minimal supervision
- Able to perform volunteer duties in varied weather conditions
- Maintains friendly, positive attitude towards guests
- Able to maintain appropriate volunteer appearance
- Able to perform volunteer duties on a flexible schedule if needed, including weekends, evenings and/or holidays
- Able to adhere to all safety protocol
- Able to maintain confidentiality regarding Ohio Wildlife Center’s animal collection
- Subject to Drug-free Workplace Policy
- Subject to criminal background check
Thank you for your interest and your support of Ohio Wildlife Center!